Wednesday, April 27, 2011

My long day out

Today I had to go to the doctor and it was one long day! I've been having issues with my eye for over a week, so my mom took me in for an emergency appointment on Monday, and today I had to go in for a follow-up since I was prescribed and antibiotic drop on Monday to try and help clear up whatever is bothering my eye. This appointment went quickly and everything appears to be all right with my eye, although it still isn't back to normal quite yet.

After that I was off to Barnes Jewish Hospital so that I could have a few x-rays taken of my abdomen to see how my kidneys, ureters and bladder are looking to make sure that no new kidney stones have formed since my hospitalization last year. After the x-rays were taken I met with my urologist. He thought that everything looked relatively good, but he wanted me to get a renal ultrasound. I wasn't expecting this, so it added another hour to my already long appointment. Hopefully my doctor will like what he sees when he looks at the results.

I'm definitely hoping for a year free of kidney stones since they almost always mean surgery and/or a hospitalization. The kind of stones that form are always infectious, and I've become dangerously sick from these stones on multiple occasions when I've had kidney stones that have made me septic. It's always scary to be so sick that I'm delirious and not fully conscious or aware of what's happening to me. It's happened to me several times and I just assume to not have it happen again for a good long time, if ever!

My mom and I were gone for six hours and were very glad to arrive home after such a long day. Cross your fingers that I will continue to stay healthy!

1 comments:

Jen@Because I can said...

I absolutely love this book. Plus I am almost finished with To Kill a Mockingbird. I forgot how much I love that book. Love book group!

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback on my posts, so please leave me a comment!

If you have a question, feel free to email me at heather_i_johnson@yahoo.com so that I can respond to you directly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...