Friday, February 18, 2011

Fond memories

After my accident, my older sister Annette decided to move home to help my mom care for me. One of our afternoon rituals was to watch Jeopardy!. We were huge fans of Ken Jennings, and it was fun to watch to see if he would win another day. Ken's winning streak lasted for 75 days, but he was finally defeated on his 76th appearance. During that time Ken won more than $2.5 million. We were definitely sad to see Ken lose, but all good things must come to an end, right?!

Ken has returned to Jeopardy! twice since his initial winning streak; once in 2005 for the Jeopardy! Ultimate Tournament of Champions, and most recently for the IBM Challenge where Ken and Brad Rutter faced off against "Watson" – a supercomputer with knowledge that would take a human 250,000 years to sort through. Watson definitely made some silly mistakes, but in the end, he prevailed and left his human opponents in the dust.

Finale of Jeopardy! IBM Challenge
Although I don't watch Jeopardy! every afternoon these days (I usually watch Dr. Phil nowadays), I do enjoy watching it every now and then when they have special tournaments, like the IBM one.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback on my posts, so please leave me a comment!

If you have a question, feel free to email me at heather_i_johnson@yahoo.com so that I can respond to you directly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...