Monday, February 21, 2011

Service: it's the Lord's way

Yesterday in church we had a lesson about service that was really good. Here are a few points about service that I wanted to talk about on my blog.

– Through the service of men and women, God's work is done. God does notice us, and He watches over us. But it is usually through another person that He meets our needs.A lot of people pray and ask God for the things they need, but chances are that God isn't going to show up at our front door. Instead, He answers our prayers and fills our needs by sending other people into our lives to help us.

– If we have special talents, we should use them to serve others. God blesses us with talents and abilities to help improve the lives of others.After I heard this it made me stop and think what I can do to bless the lives of others.

– When we willingly serve others in the spirit of love, we become more like Christ.I love knowing this because I know I want to become more like Christ. The more I become like Christ the better a person I will be.

I was thankful for this lesson and for the reminder just how important serving others is.

"Verily I say unto you, inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me." Matthew 25:40

2 comments:

ionamin-W8FW8 said...

Good reminder for all of us.

Cinoda said...

Lessons that we need to remember every day!

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback on my posts, so please leave me a comment!

If you have a question, feel free to email me at heather_i_johnson@yahoo.com so that I can respond to you directly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...