Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Midnight oil

I used to get on my computer and work throughout the day, but then pack things up for the day in the afternoon. However, the past six months months or so I've started getting back on my computer in the evenings after I'm back in bed. I usually get back on my computer after dinner and spend another six or seven hours on my computer. Sometimes I'm on my computer 12 hours a day! Working on my computer is truly like a full-time job.

I'm so grateful that there is technology out there that allows me to use a computer. When I'm on my computer I feel "connected" and I'm glad that I have the independence to do all sorts of things like e-mail, work on projects, watch movies, and do pretty much anything that any normal person can use their computers for. It's really a liberating feeling to be able to use a computer and do "normal" things.

I have to admit that I tend to "burn the midnight oil" and I stay up pretty late – usually between midnight and 1 AM. My sister Chandra doesn't get home from work until midnight most nights, so she helps me put my computer away when she gets home from work since my mom has long since gone to bed!

I don't know what I would do if I weren't able to use a computer. My life would be a lot lonelier/less exciting and I would have to find something to fill it up. Thankfully, this isn't the case and I AM able to use my computer as a lifeline.

1 comments:

Large Marge said...

Would you mind describing the technology that enables you to use a computer? Am I right in inferring that you are not able to use your hands? Sorry if this offends. I am just genuinely curious.

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback on my posts, so please leave me a comment!

If you have a question, feel free to email me at heather_i_johnson@yahoo.com so that I can respond to you directly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...