Tuesday, February 8, 2011

History I WASN'T a part of!

I heard on the news last night that this year's Super Bowl was the most watched televised event of all time with more than 110 million viewers. I usually like to join in on watching popular, history-making events, but I couldn't justify watching the Super Bowl because, to be honest, I just don't care about football! I don't understand football and I don't enjoy watching it.

I also heard all about Christina Aguilera and how she botched the national anthem. Apparently she had trouble with with the line, "O're the ramparts we watched, were so gallantly streaming…" which she replaced with, "What so proudly we watched at the twilight's last gleaming." Even if I were a professional singer I'm sure I would be nervous if I were singing to millions and millions of people, so I don't begrudge her for messing up, but I wish she would've just sung the song "normally" and not try to embellish the tune with lots of runs and things like that. That's what really bothered me, and I thought it sounded perfectly awful when I went back and watched the video of the performance online!

Even though I'm not a Super Bowl fan, I always look forward to Super Bowl Sunday because it's a good excuse to have yummy snacks for dinner! This year my mom made caramel popcorn with lots of dry roasted peanuts, and I also wanted Cheetos. I love Cheetos! They remind me of my plane ride back from my seven-week stay in Atlanta, Georgia, when I went for rehab after my accident. I left before I was able to eat anything for dinner, and I was so hungry! Fortunately the on-flight nurse had a bag of Cheetos which really hit the spot! Cheetos have had a soft spot in my heart ever since!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback on my posts, so please leave me a comment!

If you have a question, feel free to email me at heather_i_johnson@yahoo.com so that I can respond to you directly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...